Ethernet Power Controller Firmware Update
The current release version is 188.8.131.52 / 184.108.40.206 (05/21/2018)
|Download the EPCR5 update files|
|Download the Pro (LPC9) update files|
|Download the DIN 4 update files|
|Download the DC 3 update files|
Unzip the update
files to a folder
*** I recommend enabling
SSH in the General network Settings before the update. You can disable
SSH, if you wish, when the update is complete.
After starting an upgrade process (pressing "Update" on the firmware update form, or "OK" on the maintenance file upload form), don't interrupt it for any reason. It shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes for the update to complete.
If you have enabled firmware and/or
maintenance protection (in the firmware upload or support pages, respectively),
you must to disable it to perform the upgrade.
Firmware Update 220.127.116.11 /
NOTICE! The outlets should retain their state, however, it cannot be 100% guaranteed and oulets turned on via script may cycle. In mission critical environments, we recommend preparing for the worst and disconnect any equipment that must not be power cycled at this time.
1. Extract the sysupgrade file from the downloaded zip file.
2. Look for a "Firmware Upload" item in the main menu. If the link is not visible, you need to reset firmware protection to perform the upgrade, and select it after the reset. If the link is visible, select it.
3 . In the "Firmware Upload" page, press the Browse button and select the xxxx_firmware_18.104.22.168.sysupgrade file.
4 . Press the Upload button.
5 . You will be redirected to the firmware update page, which should report the current and target application firmware versions and say "Firmware check OK".
6. Press the "Update" button. Updating takes about two minutes.
7 . The page will try to reload and likely fail. Wait for about 30 more seconds, then try again.
8. After completion, you are back at the Login page. Login and you should see Version 22.214.171.124 / x.x.x.x below the menu links on the left.
Hardware (AVR) Firmware Update x.x.x.x / 126.96.36.199
WARNING! The outlets will cycle during this update if using a _forcereset file and may cycle in any case. Prepare ahead of time and disconnect any equipment that should not be power cycled at this time.
Performing a backup of the settings is also recommeneded at this time.
1. Extract the avr file from the zip file received.
2. From the Main Menu, select the Support link.
3. Go to the Maintenance
section of the page. If it says "Maintenance mode has been protected", use
the Reset button to clear protection bits.
4. If the "Confirm operations from keypad" is checked, press ON to confirm update, OFF to cancel within 10 seconds. If you don't confirm within ~10 seconds, the operation will be cancelled.
5. Press the "Browse..." button, select the xxxx_update_188.8.131.52.avr or epcr5_update_184.108.40.206_forcereset.core maintenance file and **press the "Start Maintenance" button.
6. The unit will begin updating. After about a minute, you will hear a beep. The unit will be available about 60 seconds after the beep. Note: If the web page changes to "The connection is reset" or Webpage not available", wait about a minute, then try again.
7. Login to the unit and verify operation.
You should see
Also, Version 220.127.116.11 / 18.104.22.168 should be seen below the menu links on the left.
Restart any needed scripts and autopings after the update.
Important: The browser cache must be flushed for some updates to be properly seen.
*To reset protection bits, press the reset button underneath the RJ-45 and wait about 5 seconds. You will arrive at the reset menu. You can use the Up/Down arrows to select the kind of reset. The default is "Clear Lock Bits: Clear protection bits only", which is what you want. Press the cycle button, or press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds, to perform reset. When the device has completed rebooting, all protection bits, including firmware and maintenance protection, will be cleared.
**Uncheck the "Confirm operations from keypad" box if you do not wish to confirm the operation via the keypad.
It is a good idea to protect the device from firmware updates if it is going to have any public or untrusted access. Both the firmware and maintenance sections are protected via the buttons in their respective web pages.
Thanks for choosing DLI. We appreciate your
and we'll work hard to earn your business!